Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Actress turned hermit...


Eve Lavalliere


Eve's tender prayer of repentance and contrition for her sins:

Oh my beloved Mater, By Thy hands nailed to the Cross, I beseech Thee to wipe away all of the sins committed by my criminal hands.

My sweet Jesus, by the painful fatigue endured by Thy blessed feet, by the divine wounds They suffered when They were pierced, wipe away the filth left by my guilty feet.

Finally, Oh my Master, Oh my Creator, Oh my Savior, by the dignity and innocence of Thy life, by the holiness and purity which characterized it, wash away all of the stains of my impure life.

May that abominable life exist no more in me, may the ardor of Thy love hold me entirely, for Thou art, Oh my King, the sole refuge of my soul; grant that I may be unceasingly consumed with the ardor of Thy charity.

Give me, my Redeemer, above all, Holy Humility.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.
Visit InfoServe for Blogger backgrounds.